Can my denon 1802 take it?

martindemon

Do you think that it's safe for me to run my denon 1802 with:

Klipsch RF3 fronts, RC3 center, RS3 rears at the same time (A+B) than RB5 fronts? Or should i enable a+b only when i listen to stereo music? I'm speaking about driving them up to 0dB (full volume)... I don't want to set a fire Smile.gif

------------------

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

It should be okay because if you did overload the Denon AVR-1802, it would just shut-off, no?

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Samsung SP55W3HF (55" Rear-Projection 16:9)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier

Afraid I don't follow what you're trying to do (late night slaving over a hot hard drive and WinXP, but that's another story, right Justin?).

You want to run your full HT setup plus a pair of RB-5s connected to the B speaker binding posts, at the same time? Curious why you would want to do that - are the RB-5s in another room?

Doug

------------------

My System

To have more power! If the Denon can push the current, so why not do it vs buying another amp? But perhaps that would affect sound quality...

They (RB5) are in the same room; they will be on top of my RF3.

------------------

This message has been edited by martindemon on 09-18-2002 at 11:36 AM

md, if you have both rf-3 & rb-5, i'd suggest putting the rb-5 in the rear corners & using them for B surrounds. then have it go to B for 5-channel stereo mode for music. or you can do a+b surrounds for every mode if you prefer.

or is that what you're asking, for the a, b, a+b surround? don't believe denon does a+b for 2 pair of fronts does it? cwm5.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

doug, thanks. hard to keep up w/ denon & new models/changes. cwm6.gif

well it shouldn't be a problem, but the a+b will cut the power in half to each pair. probably would be louder at 0 w/ just the rf-3 & full power.

i'd upgrade the denon & use the rb-5 for b surround & 5-channel music mode ala recording studio style. but that's me. Smile.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

I guess i'll have to buy another amp... I bought these RB5 for my computer (on the opposed wall vs my home theater) but after 9 months of use, i found that i use my computer w/sound 100 times more than with the tv. So i'll use my full system for computer and transfer my tv on the opposite wall. Perhaps i'll watch dvd on computer (watercooled, it will be quite silent...) I cannot sell these RB5; they play too well Smile.gif But i have some Polk RT35, and they play well too (play good for 300$ speakers.) I could just double my surround system with these and another receiver... A denon or some "mass market" stuff like Panasonic SAHE70 (300$CAD)? I heard good things about this model but after having tasted the 1802, perhaps i should stick with Denon stuff... Like their new model 1403 (500$CAD)? What do you think?

------------------