RF-63's and the Civil Wars

willland

On a March day as beautiful as today in sunny and pleasant Kissimmee/Saint Cloud, Florida, I was going against the grain and chilling in my living room listening to some Civil Wars:wub: on Spotify Premium through Chromecast Audio on my Yamaha A-S1000/Klipsch RB-75's/Klipsch RSW-10d rig while sipping from a snifter some Samuel Adams Hopscape.  Just the chilling part is awesome but add all the rest and it is super awesome.  

After sifting through my Civil Wars playlist, though short due to their untimely demise a couple of years ago:(:angry2:, I got this wild hair and decided to dust off my Cambridge Audio 640A v2 integrated amp and move it into my family room and hook it up to my RF-63's(no subwoofers) and continue where I left off with the Civil Wars.  WOW!!!  I forgot just how sweet sounding and dynamic the 63's are in a pure 2-channel rig.  The imaging, soundstage, punch, detail are off the charts.  If you are not familiar with the Civil Wars, do yourself a favor and get familiar with them.  Though no longer a group, they produced some of the finest, most haunting harmonies/melodies I have heard in the last 10 years.  Did I mention the acoustic guitar?  Lyrical geniuses?

Image result for civil warsImage result for klipsch RF-63

I am sure this thread "belongs" in the Lounge section but many facets are exampled here.

Bill

• Like 1

Just now, Tasdom said:

That sounds like a great afternoon Bill. I have Civil Wars in several of my Spotify playlist. Billie Jean is one of my favorites. :emotion-22::emotion-29:

Dust to Dust and Disarm top my list but Billie Jean is right up there.

Bill