Cornwalls need help!

Proko

Laugh all you want. I just bought an old pair of Cornwalls, #8P916 - 17, from the 70's I guess. I used to play in a pretty fabulous orchestra before quitting to become a writer, so my need for great speakers goes without saying. Now the part to laugh about: As far as I can see, there is nothing on the rear speaker-cable connects to indicate positive, negative, + & -. Can some big brother out there give me hint as to which is which. I don't want to screw up my lovely monsters. I've named them Max & Moritz!

Proko

Not to sweat it Amigo!

Use the left screw terminal of one and connect the + wire from your amp to it. Use the + wire from the other channel on the corresponding terminal on the other Cornwall. The negative line will go to the right terminal.

On most amps + is indicated by a red post or a red mark. It doesn't really matter whether the left or right screw terminal is used as + or - so long as you are consistent with the hookups for both sides.

Enjoy those bad boys!

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

lynnm speaks the gospel, but if you're retentive like me you may want to look real close at the top of speaker connection bases for a faint red blotch which would be the planned pos terminal.

after years of dust collecting can hardly see my red blotches too. but if you wipe those plastic connector base tops off w/ a slightly damp cloth they just may appear. or else may have been stained over.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

• Klipsch Employees

Proko,

All the post here are correct. We did receive your mail and hope our answer was helpful. If you need any other help please let us know. Or as you can see, the people on this forum are good to help.

Trey

------------------

Trey Cannon

Technical Support

Klipsch Audio Technologies

trey.cannon@klipsch.com

1-800-554-7724 opt 6

My thanks to all for the quik and most helpful responses. Max & Moritz are up and running. I listen mostly to records, but was truely blown away by how much better cds sound through my old thrift shop Kyocera DA-410cx player, as opposed to my year old Sony DVP-NS300 DVD/CD player. Still, I think I should consider looking into a good, purely cd player compatible with my Cornwalls. By the way, the serial numbers 8P916 - 17 places them back in the 70's right?

Proko

Congratulations on your "new" Cornwalls. They were made in 1976.

Being new to the Forum you may want to hang around the "Updating Older Speakers" Forum. This is where most Cornwall owners hang.

Best Wishes

Mike

------------------

4 Cornwalls & McIntosh SS

This message has been edited by Good2BHome on 09-19-2002 at 07:31 PM

• 4 years later...

Welcome to the forum. If you're really adventurous, remove the back screws and pop it open. You will be able to see on the crossover network which is pos and neg, and which corresponding 'outboard' connector is connected to which.

------------------

Ed

My goodness Ed,

Don't know if you just posted it or I never noticed. BUT,............

Nice collection!!!!

tc