Epic CF-3s version 3 for sale

DBonk

Hey all. First time poster. I inherited a full set of 1995 Epic CF-3 speakers from my uncle with slight wear and tear. Ill post more pictures when I get home but only have the (2) floor speakers. Also have the sub, (2) speakers on stands, and (1) other with an antenna. Anyone have a ballpark of a price with just slight wear and tear on tops of speakers? Located up near Minneapolis, MN. Thanks.

IMG_20170404_154659041.jpg

IMG_20170404_154648214.jpg

IMG_20170404_154840392.jpg

IMG_20170404_154910768.jpg

IMG_20170404_154759565.jpg

IMG_20170404_154728028.jpg

Edited by DBonk

For older speakers, condition is very important.  You have some nice speakers with some condition issues.

Klipsch CF-4, Med Oak finish.  The 1995 year is the second out of three years they were made, with the first year bringing a premium in price. The 95 and 96 model years are still good sounding so people like them, they are just not as sought after as the 1994 Version 1's.  

The top veneer is well worn but would clean up nicely with some re-finishing, which is fairly easy but time consuming. In better shape the selling price might go up about $100.  It looks like the grill is rough, but that might be because the picture is not all that clear.

They would likely sell in a short period of time at $300-400.  Five hundred might be the top end but it would take some time to sell them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DBonk said:

Thank you for the help!

You're welcome.

I forgot to mention those were $2200 speakers retail when new 22 years ago.  You really might want to consider doing a nice refinish job yourself and keeping them.  The sound is outstanding and I think you would really enjoy the big sound they produce.  You would be hard pressed to get better speakers at the price you would be selling them for.

FYI I have their bigger brothers, the CF-4's and I am very happy with them.

They are great speakers. Living in a town home these don't get any use due to a neighbor that would blow a gasket, I wouldn't mind restoring them but with my current living situation I'm afraid the moisture in the garage would ruin them before I'm able to afford the necessary components.