McIntosh MX151 HDMI issue

USNRET

This past weekend I was to experiment to see if my MX151 was competent to replace my C2500 / MEN220 for 2 channel use.
I started by running Room Perfect and tweaking both systems (takes about 2 hours to run RP on both) so I had head to head using an Oppo BD105D and SACDs.

I did the setups and sat down to listen.

With the Oppo selected on the MX I had a blank screen on the TV. HDMI 1 on the MX.

With my nVidia Shield TV selected I get things that look like an HDMI handshake issue. MX displays what audio input channels are inputted and what is outputted but this switches on / off / on / off ......and the TV reacts the same; flash of video and then blank matching the audio "loss". HDMI 2 on the MX.

Power cycling all three (MX, Oppo, nVidia) did nothing to correct.

Electrically disconnection of all three seemed to work for a bit then failed.

I made a backup of my settings on the MX on a thumb drive.

Today after work (all units room temp) I tried it and I still had the same issue. MX151 is warm at best; not hot and it has space.

I did a factory default reset on the MX and restored my settings from the thumb drive backup. Worked great so I got on with my comparison. A couple of songs into a SACD from the Oppo I had the same on/off/on/off/on/off issue. Switched to the nVidia on HDMI 2...same thing.

Have I changed HDMI cables? No, two identical problems on two cables on two ports at the same time?! I have reconnected the cables a couple of times.

My guess is HDMI board but hey, who am I? Call to Mc support tomorrow.

Don't say it Carl!