Great video on why cables CAN make a difference (in certain situations where one is sloppy)

etc6849

No BS or snake oil, this is worth watching and easy to understand.

Magnetic interference is one reason I've seen a lot of folks use tie wraps and lacing bars to keep cables far away from power cords.  My current setup still uses the monoprice XLR cables.  However, I'll still consider buying a reel of Canare Star Quad L-4E6S cable and making my own analog XLR cables after watching this once I have my setup static and back into a rack/cabinet I plan to build.

Interesting video.  The guy sat all the testing devices on the cables directly.  Most of us don't set the amps and other gear directly on the cables.  Now, that is not to say that testing in a more natural setting may not reveal a trend.  I know this is in relation to power cords running across the cables.  It is recommend when possible to run all the cables so that they are not touching power cords.  This is easier said than done.  Thanks for the post.

I agree with what Derrick is saying about laying amps directly on signal cables; however, what interested me in the bench test video was the PC's power cable running over a signal cable. This is something I'm most likely guilty of, and I would venture to guess a lot of others on this forum are as well.