New subwoofer dampener

Audio Flynn

After trying several different media(brass cylinders, lead shot filled cloth bags, and others) over the course of several months I have developed a new low cost dampening system.

This is for a sealed cabinet front firing design but may be suitable for other designs.

The dampener is located in the top rear corner of the sub.

The media is a homogenous, non aquaeous, 3.7 micron nominal diameter, organic mass of 2720 kg.

Density of the media is aproxiamately 1.6 grams per cubic centimeter.

Media is housed in an irregular shaped rectangular vessel composed of clay coated corrugated cellulose.

I beleive I am getting an additional 2 db of gain from 24-29 hz.

There is a somewhat audible more taught response in the 41-46 hz range.

Through some shrewd purchasing I have been able to keep the cost of the dampener to about $ 6.30.

The dampener is...................................................................................................................................................................

Industrial size Bisquick from SAMS CLUB.

Pictures not availiable.

GO EARS!

Just wanting to lighten things up a bit.

Subwoofer is next to the pantry in our large family room and the Bisquick got there by slopppy inventory management by the children.

Justin,

Siamese cat likes to sit on top of the Toshiba 36 in HDTV right next to the RC3. Seems like he has a pretty good time.

Rick

wouldn't a slow cook recipe work better, like a 50 lb. bag of slow cook rice!

should help with low bass reponse and might hear better mid-bass tone, I use dense rubber mats from Home Depot with 30 lb Yorkstone paving stones on my KSW200 sub and I liked the slight difference that it made ...

;)