used Heresy

TheMilford

Hi All,

New here...

I Have the opportunity to buy a pair of Heresy Loudspeakers.

Can you guys tell me anything about them?

Inside they have a K-77 tweeter, a K-52H squawker, a K-22-K Woofer and a TYPE E-2 "balancing network". both horns seem to be metal. The sticker on the back says Heresy, Type HBR, the serial # is: 159 Y 096. "Inspected" and "tested by" names are listed. everything is hand written on the back. the small print shows a copyright date of 1980.

There are no stands or risers with them.

They sound quite good. the plywood has been poorly finished an ugly "walnut" and there is some wear. they could be easily refinished and restored.

does anybody know specs. for this vintage of the Heresy? are there any worthwhile mods? What should I expect to pay for these?

Any help or insight will be appreciated.

Regards,

David

Year of manufacture, 1983 ("Y" in the serial number)...no mods needed. If they are in good working order, they are worth whatever one is willing to pay for them. They are HBR models...new ones today run around 1100+ bucks a pair. I wouldn't give more than 350 for them, myself...and I like the little Heresy very much. If those were built before mid-September of 1983, then I likely built them.

------------------

I can now receive private messages

Dizrotus,

I was not a "primary builder" of the miter-jointed Heresy model, but I built a few thousand of them when I worked there(sometimes they pulled me over to help catch-up or when one of the primary builders called in sick...I tended to have quite a few birch Heresys and Cornwalls awaiting the sanders, so I got put other places quite often as a "floater" builder). To find the builder code, look at the rear edge of the sides...near the miter joints...there should be a builder code stamped into the edge...it will likely just be a one letter code for the mitered model of Heresy...there should also be a sander code above it(sometimes below it)...if the code for that year has the letter "A" in it, it was me who built them. You may have to look hard to find it, the sanders often sanded them down somewhat on the rear edges.

------------------

I can now receive private messages