My klipsch Subwoofer wont turn on

Robertokodi

• 1 year later...

Have a Klipsch R10SWI and the sub just stopped working and the blue Sync light is no longer on either.  Unable to get it to work or reconnect.  I'm going to grab a RCA cable to hook direct but any other solutions?  Has worked for 5 years plus.  Thanks!

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I have had nothing but issues with my klipsch sub and nothing seems to make sense. Now I bought a new Apple TV and it seems to only work when I am using the Apple TV to watch movies but will not turn on when I am using the applet tv to listen to music. It has never worked correctly in the 10 years I have had it and maybe worked a total of 2 years. Just doesn't make any sense. I did add the Y-conncector and it doesn't seem to have made a difference. 

6 hours ago, Riichie said:

I have had nothing but issues with my klipsch sub and nothing seems to make sense. Now I bought a new Apple TV and it seems to only work when I am using the Apple TV to watch movies but will not turn on when I am using the applet tv to listen to music. It has never worked correctly in the 10 years I have had it and maybe worked a total of 2 years. Just doesn't make any sense. I did add the Y-conncector and it doesn't seem to have made a difference. 

What are you using for a receiver?

1 hour ago, Riichie said:

a yamaha receiver that is about 10 years old bought new when I got my speakers. 

So if your sub is working with movies and not music, there’s a 99.9999999% sure chance that you either have your main speakers set to Large or Full Range.  If that isn’t the case, then you’re listening in Direct or Pure Direct mode.

The reason why the sub doesn’t work in those modes when listening to music is you’re sending a 2 channel signal with no discrete LFE signal for the receiver to process.

• Like 1

You are 100% correct and Thank You so much! I have spent so many hours trying to figure this out playing with various settings and never even thought that could be it. I wish I had asked sooner. Thank you again!!! 🤘🎸🧨

20 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

So if your sub is working with movies and not music, there’s a 99.9999999% sure chance that you either have your main speakers set to Large or Full Range.  If that isn’t the case, then you’re listening in Direct or Pure Direct mode.

The reason why the sub doesn’t work in those modes when listening to music is you’re sending a 2 channel signal with no discrete LFE signal for the receiver to process.

The sub should take over at the XO.  I use my Pioneer SC 99 with a sub  and speakers set to small.   The sub works for music and movies.  The XO is set to 80.

38 minutes ago, derrickdj1 said:

The sub should take over at the XO.  I use my Pioneer SC 99 with a sub  and speakers set to small.   The sub works for music and movies.  The XO is set to 80.

It won’t for the reasons I stated above.

• Like 1