Sound Bar for Center Channel

Porsche Clown

I am running an older RF7/RSW 15 set up currently and have recently renovated and no longer have room for my RF5 Center Channel. I am considering a sound bar for my center channel and could use some recommendations. Any problems incorporating this newer technology into an older system?

Thanks,

"Z"

Welcome to the forum Porsche Clown. I wouldn't recommend a sound bar between RF-7's but that's me. I doubt you would get the benefit of any center channel information. You could try a Phantom center-channel setting, if your receiver allows for that.

BTW, didn't I see you on I-59 South the other day?

Keith

• Moderators

Welcome as well.  I totally agree with Keith, I don't think there is any sound bar that will keep up with the RF-7's.  If you want to switch to a conventional horizontal speaker, the RC-7 is the matching speaker for the RF-7's.

Yeah, I have an RC7 but it no longer fits in the newly renovated space. This poses a bit of a problem (first world problem). For the most part, say, 90% of the time I will not be running the RF7/RSW15 setup; I am usually using these for music and the occasional movie.  My RF7/RF3/RSW15 setup is most definitely overkill for the space it occupies. I must come up with a "small" center channel solution for the movie portion of my entertainment system and like I said, the RC7 is out.

On a side note, I intended to use the woofers from the RC7 to repair/replace the woofers in my RF3, rear surrounds. Any thoughts problems with this plan?

On another side note, if you saw a clown driving a Porsche in Alabama (I-59) then no, that was not me.... I haven't been to Alabama in quite a while.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:09 AM, Porsche Clown said:

I intended to use the woofers from the RC7 to repair/replace the woofers in my RF3, rear surrounds

"RF3" are 'front' speakers. Do you have RS-3 surrounds or RS-7 surrounds (S=surround) that need woofers?

Side note > it was a joke! ;)