Justin! Our hero....

Mighty Favog

O.k., maybe that's a little much but i do have another question for ya.

A while back you found a Billy Idol tune for me that I still play with the least amount of attenuation possible. But there's amother one that may be a little tougher. About 1977-78 a song came out that had the line "Little Betty ate a pound of aspirin." It's in the Hard Rock field. Kind of Alice Cooper'ish. Any clues?

Better yet, what's the name of the site you look for that stuff on?

Thanks,

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

quote:

Originally posted by tblasing:

O.k., maybe that's a little much but i do have another question for ya.

Better yet, what's the name of the site you look for that stuff on?

Thanks,

No. If anything, calling me a Hero is an understatement! hehe

What do I use? Partly my 5600+ mp3 collection with lyrics (something like 26Gb's) and do a lyrics search, or google. if you know the name of the song, the BEST site is www.songmeanings.net no popups, just great lyrics and even some opinions baout the songs! Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

I just clicked on the link Justin and was bombarded with 4 pop up banners/ads including bannerdice.net, a media alert survey, a fake Microsoft error message which is a decoy to cling on another site & one other that I closed before I decided to type this.

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

Guest Webmaster

I was using Mozilla for about a week and while I loved how it kept pop-up windows from popping up, it did cause my computer for freeze up at least two or three times a day so I had to switch back to IE today. Everytime it happened it was while I was scrolling down using the wheel on my mouse (but not every single time I used it). I think there must be some bug related to that scrolling and probably something else that was happening when it happened. I hope they fix it soon because I would like to use it again.

I've been using AdAware for a few months now and it does the job pretty well. There was another program (don't remember which) that I tried to prevent pop-ups from ever happening but it also had a big downside. If I had one browser (IE6) open and needed other information from another site I would minimize the first browser and open the another to look. With the anti-pop-up program it wouldn't let the second browser open. This even happened just while working in Microsoft Office (2000). That left multi tasking impossible.

So between using AdAware and all the cool utilities in Norton's System Works 2002 to get rid of all the cookies and such, life has been quite a bit less annoying on the net.

I love this little program, POW, available at www.analogx.com Its under networking downloads I think. Check out all of his programs, he makes some great ones that really improve computing in general. Best of all, his programs are completely free!!!!!!!!!!! oh yea, they are also very small and well coded. Anyway check it out.

Also, about the pop up killer he has, POW!, you train it, so whenever a popup shows up, you double click on the icon, and add it to a list.. I have found it works very well. Anyway, good luck.

Did I say his stuff is free? If i didnt, well, it is.