R112SW + 15' ?

SvenG

SvenG,

Welcome to the forum.

I say if HT LFE impact is your primary goal, then adding the 15" is a better decision.  For music only, maybe "better" to add the 12".

Without more specifics(room size, preferred volume, music, movies, etc.), it would be difficult to give definitive opinion.

Bill

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SvenG said:

HI, 

I already own the R112SW and am thinking of a 2nd sub. Could I add the 15 inch ? or is it better to get exactly the same one ?

1 hour ago, willland said:

SvenG,

Welcome to the forum.

I say if HT LFE impact is your primary goal, then adding the 15" is a better decision.  For music only, maybe "better" to add the 12".

Without more specifics(room size, preferred volume, music, movies, etc.), it would be difficult to give definitive opinion.

Bill

Hi Bill, 

it is a new house and they haven't provided me with the exact measurements per room

I've highlighted with 2 blue X's where I am planning to use them , with a TC cabinet between them

Thanks again in advance ;-)

Capture.PNG

MLO so on the money

you'll get that 15 and like it better, and find if you measure that the 12 + 15 = somewhere in between in output

to get even better low end output, replacing the 12 with another 15 will give you a better low end

but in the meantime -- it's a matter of placement

I would find the best place in the room and put the new 15 there

I would find any and all corners and test the 12 in the corners along with the 15 in it's spot

The idea I would have then is the 15 can do it's magic anywhere, but the 12 needs help at the bottom end to keep up

by corner loading that 12, it will add to it's lower end and make it closer in capability to the 15

when blending them, the level of the 12 can be adjusted to compliment the 15 and make sure response is as flat as possible

then when you get a 2nd 15 to replace the 12 (or add to it!), you have more flexible placement options

when combining 2 subs of different capabilities....you CAN get a matched almost identical output but it is very hard to do, you often end up with an "average" of the 2

placement is always the key with the subs, good luck