mOOn H/K DVD 50?

NOZ

mOOn,

How do you like the DVD 50? I was going to pick one up until I ran out of excess $$$.

It has some wolfson??? processor, supposed to be the best around.

Just wondering if you find it noticably different than other good quality DVD's.

Thanks

Sean

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

DUAL USAGE ROOM

Fronts & Mains: Klipsch La Scalas

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Rears: Klipsch RS-7's

Projector: Infocus LP350

Screen: Draper Premier 96" x 72"

TV: Toshiba 37"

DVD: Toshiba SD-3805

Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 7000

CD: Sony CDP CX250

EQ: Harmon Kardon EQ-8

Sub: Dual SVS Ultras w/ Samson 1000 watt amp

http://www.geocities.com/seanshometheatre/

I like it, I can tell you that. However, I don't have lots of other DVD player experiance to compare it to.

I am very Very VERY pleased with it. I did notice a a very noticable nice difference in the picture quality going from our toshiba I was using. Do I recommend it. Absolutly.

Oh and one more thing... I seen they have it for $388 at Harman Audio . I do believe this is a referb. But for that price you can't go wrong. I could be wrong though and it may be brand new....

Klipsch Gear (Proud to be 100% Klipsch)s>c>

* FRONTS: RF-7* CENTER: RC-7* SURROUNDS: RS-7* REAR: RC-7* SUB: RSW-12 / RSW-15 (feel the sonic waves)c>s>

Harman Kardon Gears>c>

* RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520* AMPLIFIER: Harman kardon PA4000* DVD: Harman Kardon DVD-50(DD, DTS)s>c>

Video Gears>c>

* InFocus ScreenPlay 110 DLP Projectors>c>

Computer and Game Gears>c>

* PC Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 4.1* Microsoft XBOX with Monster cable for that 5.1 Dolby Digitial surroundc>

s>f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 09-25-2002 at 10:02 PM

Oh and one more thing... The reason I even considered this was because I had read an aricle in one my my mags. I don't recall which one, and the mag is at work. I will get you the mag name and month tomorrow morning. At any rate, they spoke very nicly about the DVD player.

------------------

* FRONTS: RF-7* CENTER: RC-7* SURROUNDS: RS-7* REAR: RC-7* SUB: RSW-12 / RSW-15 (feel the sonic waves)c>s>

Harman Kardon Gears>c>

* RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520* AMPLIFIER: Harman kardon PA4000* DVD: Harman Kardon DVD-50(DD, DTS)s>c>

Video Gears>c>

* PC Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 4.1* Microsoft XBOX with Monster cable for that 5.1 Dolby Digitial surroundc>

s>f>

I've seen it, they won't ship to Canada though. I asked them about 2 months ago. Glad your happy with it. I bought a cheepy Toshiba 3805 with progressive scan about $300 Canadian in the meantime. The dealers in Toronto want near $800 to $900 for the DVD 50. I think I'll wait.

How's the RSW 15, doing any damage yet?

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

DUAL USAGE ROOM

Noz, not to much damage yet. I have only gotten to listen to it for about 2 hours max since Monday when I got it.

However this weekend I plan on putting the hurt on the neighborscwm1.gif

------------------

Harman Kardon Gears>c>

Video Gears>c>

s>f>

THUMP, THUMP, THUMP....

hee-hee

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

DUAL USAGE ROOM

Does the DVD 50 have the Chroma Bug? I really wanted that player a month ago. The reason I didn't persue it was because everyone was saying the changers have worse picture quality than a single disk player. I don't know now, my Denon sure seems to be giving me troubles. Frown.gif

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Home Theatre:s>

Klipsch RF-3's (Front Mains)c>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Klipsch RS-3's (Rear Surrounds)c>

SVS 20-39 PC Plus Subwooferc>

Harman Kardon AVR-520c>

Mitsubishi WS-65869 Widescreen TVc>

Denon DVD 2800c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

This message has been edited by Orange Peel on 09-25-2002 at 11:04 PM

Orange Peelc>

I remember hearing something about the chroma bug, but I don't think that had anything this DVD player had the issue. I do remember (if my memory serves me correctly) that there was a Denon dvd player that had one.

------------------

Harman Kardon Gears>c>

Video Gears>c>

s>f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 09-25-2002 at 11:07 PM

Yeah my Denon, the Denon DVD 2800 Frown.gif I didn't know it had it when I bought it, but it's only been 5 days, I can easily take it back, which I most likely will. I will try something else, see if I like it, and keep doing it until I reach a happy medium. It sucks, it seems almost every freaking player has the chroma bug now.

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Harman Kardon AVR-520c>

Denon DVD 2800c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

I don't even recall off the top of my head what the croma bug is, but I do recall reading about it a while back.

------------------

Harman Kardon Gears>c>

Video Gears>c>

s>f>

It messes with the picture in short. It displays some horizontal lines around things, like in a border of a word, or in a pitcure you will see things, the image won't be perfect and solid and clear. Can get annoying if you see it often.

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Harman Kardon AVR-520c>

Denon DVD 2800c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

Bummer, na I have not seen it at all in the H/K DVD50. As I mentioned above, it can be had for $388.00 directly from Harman Kardon.

------------------

Harman Kardon Gears>c>

Video Gears>c>

s>f>

The DVD50 is supposed to have an excellent progressive scan output.

As for the Wolfson chip it's the D/A converter. Wolfson is a relatively small IC maker in the UK. The people at Mark Levinson (another Harman division) got very excited about their D/As a few years ago and it seems to have trickled down to other divisions.

Well Noz there ya. Ya NEED one of these DVD players!

Couple of us people have answered and said yes it's a great dvd player. Now, I know, I know, your up in canada. That's all good. Just drive on down to the states and pick one up. We'll let ya in. Biggrin.gif

------------------

Harman Kardon Gears>c>

Video Gears>c>

s>f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 09-26-2002 at 10:09 AM

Thanks moon,

I'm on the outskirts of Toronto, about an hour from Buffalo, maybe I could get it sent up there and pick it up. Can't do it for a while though, I'm tapped, no $$$ to spare, just spent about $15 k on the system. I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go...

How's the infocus 110? It's suposed to be great. Have you gotten a screen yet?

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

DUAL USAGE ROOM

Noz....

The projector is awesome. Anyone looking for a projector I highly recommend it.

Ya, I do have a screen. It's a peice of parkland plastic. Cost $20.00. My weakest link.. But damn it really looks good. Got the idea from HomeTheaterForum.

I found a place that makes special screen paint Goo System . I am thinking about buying some of that and painting my screen with it. And again I got the idea from HomeTheaterForum...

------------------

Harman Kardon Gears>c>

Video Gears>c>

s>f>