Anyone ever heard/compared the CF-3 to the JBL SVA-2100?

avguytx

These have always reminded me of each other....the CF-3's and the JBL SVA-2100's.  Both great sounding pairs of speakers that didn't fair near as well as they should have given their company background and designs.  But, not everything sells that's released by manufacturers.  I heard these when they were at CES back in 1999 I believe...maybe 1998.  But don't really recall any way of comparison to the CF-3's I now own.  Spec wise, they seem to be more on the "realistic" sensitivity spec of 93.5db@1watt/1-meter and are similar in size and weight; rear ported versus front.

I'm going to build new front baffles for my CF-3's where they are  a WWT versus the D'Appolito WTW and see how they sound with the HF up higher.  It won't damage the original baffles...just making new ones.  No harm, no foul.  

http://www.adrian-kingston.com/JBL.htm

No affiliation to ad.  Just as a price comparison.

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/ele/d/jbl-sva-2100-speakers/6271955479.html

Just curious...

• Like 1

Yep.  That's it exactly.  I guess it would make them more like some of KG series that were set up as a WWT.  Hoping I can get to this soon.  Going to check the wood supply at home and see if I have it in scraps around to try out before committing to the "fancier" more factory build; you know, top load the woofers and horn on just rectangle pieces of wood bolted on.  When "fancy time" comes, I'll bevel the edges similar to what they do on the stock baffles and mount them with the same 6 screws covered by the female grill peg half and wrap them in black vinyl.

• Like 1