DD 5.1 Questions..need help!!

greatone1601

the dd-51 is so that you can connect more than one source to the 5.1's. if you are using them with a computer, then don't get it. it wil do DTS and dolby digital decoding for game consoles like the xbox and from dvd players. i would not get it if it was only going to be used on my computer.

I heard that Santa Cruz does support the DD 5.1 thing? no?

Id hate to replace a perfectly good sound card but...

If you couldnt tell by the system (hehe) im mostly into games, and SOME DVDs but not many. I like having all the bells and whistles, though, and if it will make DVDs sound even better, and games more realistic, then im all for spending 170 bucks. Thats not too much after almost 3 grand on this system. I just need to know WHAT it does and if it will work. People seem to be having MANY problems with it so far.

It's useless to use DD5.1 for playing games but wait Doom III released becoz the game will support Dolby 5.1

Ex: in the game like 'Mafia', don't try to use DD5.1 becoz the sounds will come only from your front speakers

There are a LOT significant differences between using PowerDVD and DD5.1. The sounds is more richer and clearer. Like in the movie 'Saving Private Ryan', you will feel that you are really in the Ohama Beach

Before I used DD5.1, I thought DTS/Dolby Digital sounds are just like that (not suprised). Now, after I used DD5.1, I NEVER want to watch DVD without it

You need to buy Audigy. Santa Cruz CAN NOT send DTS/Dolby signal to DD5.1. The Santa Cruz tech support said it can but hell with them, my DD5.1 IS NOT working

Tell me if there's a way to use Santa Cruz. I don't like to listen music with Audigy, the sounds is better with Santa Cruz