Uploading Pictures

Q-Man

Hey, All you computer nerds. What photo software are you using. I went out to buy one tonight and saw about six to eight different ones. The price ranged from $19.00 to $149.00. My son says his school uses Adobe Photo Shop and thinks that it is a good one, but he never use any other. This Adobe Photo Shop is $149.00, does the higher price mean that it does more then the cheaper ones?

Q.

I have Jasc PaintShop Pro. It is great, uses very little computer power to do the job, so it is fast even on slower computers.

I also have Adobe PhotoShop 5, 6, and 7. Until version 7 I never really enjoyed using PhotoShop. It is well worth the price, IMHO. But not unless you are truly a computer nerd :) Or making money with it.

A free alternative, find an old printer or scanner software package, about 2+ years ago 80% of all printers and scanners came with a free copy of Adobe PhotoShop Deluxe. I does everything most novices would need to do. And it is free to boot! If you need a copy, this would be legal BTW, just let me know.

Another program, GIMP, is neat. Not as easy, takes a whlie to load, but it is very fast at rendering and is open source, thus free. VERY powerful, just takes a little time to get used to its features and layout.