RF-7 and RF-3 together??

Orange Peel

I'm just getting some input on this idea. I have the opportunity to buy some RF-7 speakers in the next couple months, and a VERY HUGE discount from my friend, he can get a smoking deal, I mean impossible to pass up deal on Klipsch stuff in the next months. Anyways, here my question...

If I did buy a pair of RF-7's, could I run the RF-3's as full range rears, sell the RS-3's, and crank up the db's on the RC-3 center until I could afford a RC-7? I will have to see what he can get off the price, if enough, maybe I will try to swing the RC-7 with the RF-7's. Would this setup sound ok?

Do you think I should do it? Would there be that big of a difference between what I have now? It will all be running off my HK AVR 520.

Thanks in advance!

op, yeah i'd go that route then use the rc-3 as a rear center when you get that rc-7. then again i have rear cornwalls so i'm biased.

you'll be losing the wdst sound of the rs-3 though. a lot of the answer depends on your listening tastes but no doubt the rf-3 as surrounds would be much better for muti-channel music imho.

full range rears are better than small reflecting speakers in my opnion. They just give more impact to the overal sound. Right now I have SF-1's as the rears, and SF-2's as fronts. When I upgrade to RF-7's down the road I will use RF-7's as rears also. It just gives everything a more full sound.

RF7 HAS DUEL 10" AND HORN AND HAS TWO PORTS ON REAR AND I WAS GOING TO USE RF3S ON REAR INSTEAD OF RS7S BECAUSE I THINK IT WILL OVERALL SOUND ALOT BETTER. RC7 I WOULD MATCH UP LATER. I LIKE PRODJ'S STYLE, IN WHICH I AM DOING. I JUST ORDERED MY KLIPSCH RF7S FOR FRONT AND REAR AND RC7 FOR THE CENTER. I WILL HAVE MY YAMAHA RXZ1 BY THE TIME I HAVE MY SPEAKERS AND I CAN NOT WAIT. THERE IS NEVER SUCH A THING AS OVERKILL, MORE LIKE TOTAL ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE IN HOME THEATER AND AUDIO LISTENING

The room is probably about 17' deep, and probably 15'+ wide, with 8' ceilings, and an opening to the kitchen, and the front door area.

I'm more concerned with the sound, will the RF-7's over power the RF-3's in the rear? Can I up the db's on the RC-3 center to blend with the RF-7 fronts until I can get a RC-7? Stuff like that, I know I want the speakers, no doubt about that 9.gif I just want to make sure it will sound nice. If it won't I could get another set of RF-3's and have them as rears too, and put the RS-3's as sides, but I really want the monter RF-7's!!! 11.gif

"Well, I am no expert on this, but wouldn't you hear a difference in sound when things move from the

main speakers (RF-7s) to the rears (RF-3s)?"

usually even if you use the exact same speaks for surround or rear surround they'll still sound somewhat dif anyway because of the room & the dif in speaker positioning in that room.

& the rf-3 are a pretty close timbre match to the rf-7 from what i hear. the rf-7 are mostly just louder. but you can compensate for that w/ the level adjustments w/ the receiver & preferably using a sound meter.