Yamaha RXV2700 Help

SonicSeeker

I picked up a Used Yamaha RXV2700 A while back and when I ran set-up it says all of the speakers are connected in reverse. I left them connected this way because I know they are correct but I was wondering if I should reverse them?

I have a loud crack on extremely loud low frequency passages in movies on occasion, scares the you know what out of us.

Any thoughts on what this is as far as do you think it is the amp clipping or the speakers bottoming out or what, I don't play it at ear bleeding levels but you know when something explodes it can create a very loud moment in the playback volume. I have KG5.2 mains a KV4 center and KG2.5 rears. I have only run this set-up with this amp so I am not sure what needs to be addressed.

Is it saying polarity is reversed?  That shouldn't cause any kind of real issues.  That sounds more like a bad speaker cable, or possibly an amp that's going down the crapper.  However, the way Yamaha made those amps, the latter shouldn't be the case.  Have you checked that all o the speaker wire is in good shape?  Is it just one speaker that does it or all of them?

Polarity reversed should not cause static or odd sound artifacts like that - at least not that I've ever heard. (I used to run reversed too.)

If you can narrow down which speakers are doing it, you might try swapping them with another speaker to examine if it's a speaker issue or an issue at the amp end.  Another thing you might look at is interconnects from your source to the AVR.  I've had noise in cheaper HDMI cables before that caused issues with both audio and video.