Revel performa s30 surrounds any good

Ljk

Can't say 100% about the Revel S30 but Revel is and has been for quite a while one of the top designing speaker companies in speaker land.  Highly engineered with the bankroll and facilities of the Harmon Group.  I have their B15 subwoofer and could not be more pleased.  Tying all this together, I am sure the S30 surrounds sound great but may or may not be timbre matched to the rest of your speakers unless they are from the Revel Performa line.  As far as price, in the ballpark of $275.00 to $350.00 each speaker maybe.

Bill

16 hours ago, willland said:

Can't say 100% about the Revel S30 but Revel is and has been for quite a while one of the top designing speaker companies in speaker land.  Highly engineered with the bankroll and facilities of the Harmon Group.  I have their B15 subwoofer and could not be more pleased.  Tying all this together, I am sure the S30 surrounds sound great but may or may not be timbre matched to the rest of your speakers unless they are from the Revel Performa line.  As far as price, in the ballpark of $275.00 to $350.00 each 

I bought the revel sub you listed in alerts and noticed the s30 for sale by same seller. Got the sub for 500.00 and 2 pair of the s30 for 350.00. I have chorus II and a 1.5 chorus center I made for a front stage. The 1.5 has a chorus II xover I built with all new Bob crites parts, k 79 tweeter, k 61 mid, and a new kappa c 15 for bass. Was toying with one kp 250 and one kp 250II as sides and chorus I as rear. Decided it would be much easier to toy with the s30 surrounds than a mix of klipsch speakers. 

If the surrounds don,t work well with the chorus front stage I can always sell them. I think the sub is a keeper, box is not perfect but sub has alot of nice features. Was going to sell some of my gear to get a new amp next year but guess the amp will have to wait.

Hopefully this weekend I can get to play with this stuff, anxious to hear the sub. Thanks for the alert and info!

6 hours ago, Ljk said:

I bought the revel sub you listed in alerts and noticed the s30 for sale by same seller. Got the sub for 500.00 and 2 pair of the s30 for 350.00.

You got a steal for the sub and the surrounds.  Definitely worth giving S30s a go at timbre matching.  How about the "compactness" and weight of the B15.  

Go to the Revel website and download the software for the B15.

http://revelspeakers.com/productdetail/~/product/b15a.html

Bill

1 hour ago, willland said:

You got a steal for the sub and the surrounds.  Definitely worth giving S30s a go at timbre matching.  How about the "compactness" and weight of the B15.  

Go to the Revel website and download the software for the B15.

http://revelspeakers.com/productdetail/~/product/b15a.html

Bill

Yea that sub is heavy, seller help me get it in my truck. When I got it home I had to do it 2 stages, carried it half way to the house then carry the rest of the way inside The surround speakers are heavy for there size, can't wait to hear them. I think the seller would have taken 300.00 but I felt guilt getting them at 350.00. (Originally the surrounds sold for 2200.00 and change a pair.) Thanks for the link, hopefully I will get to play with the speakers this weekend.