The Klipsch Audio Community
Orca99

RP-hub1 - thread for reporting of bugs and feature requests

Nice find, but if this is any indication... " transmits up to eight audio channels" It's still most likely only 7.1. 

edit: Unless it can do 5.1.2

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200929005285/en/WiSA-Introduces-SoundSend-Home-Cinema-Audio-Transmitter-to-Instantly-Connect-100’s-of-Millions-of-Smart-TVs-to-WiSA-Certified™-Speakers

Edited by dethbysexy
speculation

I’ve wrote the Wisa group trying to find actual specs on the Soundsend with no response.

I’ve also contacted several of my audio electronics suppliers and it was the first they’ve heard about the SS unit.  So this seems to be a very soft roll out.  I’ve also have been trolling app stores and found no new apps. 

I'm going to assume it may be site sales only to start.

I will add the comment that one of my two Wisa Klipsch subs went out and the customer support by Klipsch was fantastic.  They shipped me a new one and allowed me to send the bad one back in the same box.

I'm still shocked at the entire abandonment of Hub1 updates.  Very odd and seemingly simple to support.

Good news! 5.1.2 Confirmed! Soundsend app found on Googleplay screenshotted this: 

image.thumb.png.6b6ccf6acc0b9e7d5b4979bab4179ef0.png

Now to find a way to make Wisa Can Light speakers.

You can already have more than one sub if that's what you're asking ( I do). If you want 7 channels plus 2 Atmos channels (7.1.2) then by judging by that pic the answer is apparently not. I do wonder if they have a roadmap for that though. Ultimately, I'm hoping more companies will add the ability to use Wisa for the surround and sub channels if needed. How that hasn't happened yet tells me the licensing may be expensive.

Edited by dethbysexy