? $730

vasubandu

Well, @ACV92 you better get your *** out there and get some objective or subjective answer. You can't just post some half-assed answer to a question life this.  I expect a full differential analysis by  8:00 a.m. tomorrow, and that is Pacific Standard time no matter where you are.

Thanks for the response.  That is the logical answer,  just wondering where things fit.  I could get  the the RF-7 i for $950 easily, just wondering about alternatives.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

Well, @ACV92 you better get your *** out there and get some objective or subjective answer. You can't just post some half-assed answer to a question life this.  I expect a full differential analysis by  8:00 a.m. tomorrow, and that is Pacific Standard time no matter where you are.

Thanks for the response.  That is the logical answer,  just wondering where things fit.  I could get  the the RF-7 i for $950 easily, just wondering about alternatives.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

$950 is OK for the I's, but I'd maybe search for the II's at a similar price point.  As with every Klipsch iteration, improvements are at the forefront.  If I had my druthers I'd spring for a pair of Black Ash RF-III's.  At $3500 and some change though, I'd have to convince my young ladies to quit all sports and activities.  Probably have to find a new house to live in as well, as they would surely boot my arse out the door.  But the dual woofer chambers, ports, are just too tantalizing.  I hate Klipsch for that, I always want more.  Stupid R & D and Marketing departments anyway.  ;)

Thanks @ACV92. So I understand you to say that you would  refer RF-7 ii over RF-7 i with my existing  RC-7 and RS-7? I ask because I thought the RC-7 i would be a better match. I am asking this as a serious question. I know that you may not have a perfect answer, but I would be curious about your personal answer.

52 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

Thanks @ACV92. So I understand you to say that you would  refer RF-7 ii over RF-7 i with my existing  RC-7 and RS-7? I ask because I thought the RC-7 i would be a better match. I am asking this as a serious question. I know that you may not have a perfect answer, but I would be curious about your personal answer.

Honestly, I wouldn't be able to descriptively discern from the I's to the II's, I have no relative sampling experience.  I simply look at it as iteration differences.  There's a reason why they've made I, II, and III.  Each subsequent model is designed/marketed as better than the one before.  I could tell you to go for the I's but would be providing ill-informed information.  Soooo many forum members here have way more experience with said models as compared to me. @MetropolisLakeOutfitters is one that I would aim my questions at.

I'm still running my old KG 5.5's as mains, not the most sought after Klipsch product.  Yet, they are of an old horn tweet (Tractrix), dual 10 configuration, as I see as the older, less proficient, cousin of the RF-7 line. 

With your center and surrounds, the I's may work awesome for you.  The I's are significantly better than what I'm running, by design parameters as I see.  So, proceed with caution, audition them, and decide if they're what you want. 

With Klipsch, it's kind of like buying the car you've always wanted.  I can buy it with less options, but would never be what I actually sought after.  In other words, save up, test, ask questions, until you find the pinnacle of your preference.     

• Like 1