A set of speakers and not a Klipsch in sight

vasubandu

I am baffled by these, but perhaps someone here understand and wants them.

I have 3 Linn Tukan speakers. There are 2 bookshelf speakers and what looks like a center.  It is sideways based on the rubber knobs it sits. On. They are biwired, and the inputs say bass and treble. The are all 12x7x6.5 more or less.  Not much of a center.  I see Linn Tukan pairs for sale on eBay for 400 to 500.  But I think these all need new grills, and I see someting about an 0-ring for them.  Someone else wants $50 for a set of speaker covers with the O-rings.  Hey I just found an old listing for a Linn Tukan that sold for $200. Not positive it is the same thing.

Anyway, if Linn Tukans are something that you just have to have, then you may be in luck, because I will sell all three of them for $200 plus shipping if that is necessary. The are pretty speakers, but I have not used them - they are biwired, and I am just in a mono kind of mood. However, if they don't work, I will give you your money back and you can keep them. I will try to get some more pictures up showing the corners.  They are actually torn on some of them, so replacement is not optional.

Linn Turkan.jpg

tuk2.jpg

Interesting, it appears that they can be toggled right on the back for using the built in passive XO or using an outboard active XO.  I'm kind of curious how that is accomplished...They're not "bi-wired" if so...the strap might be missing or is internal.

Just now, vasubandu said:

It says that they are biwired."Loudspeaker set up for bi-wiring. For single  wiring and active use consult the manual."

Odd that it says that, but the override should be the same.  Do you know what their impedance is? 6 ohm by chance?  If so, there shouldn't be a problem using a bootstrap.

4 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

It says that they are biwired."Loudspeaker set up for bi-wiring. For single  wiring and active use consult the manual."

Just checked the manual, and indeed that's how it is.  Same was Klipsch speakers are.  There normally is a brass bridge that is situated across both sets of binding posts.