Turntable question

i was wondering if anyone here owns or has heard of this turntable.  its from a newer company named "FLUANCE" they make speakers too.  i just acquired one of these tables used off craigslist & curious of others opinions on it.  it caught my attention purely on looks, never heard of fluance before, so i did a quick search & read lots of reviews & it seems to get very good feedback. i went to check it out, it was hooked up to 2 powered klipsch bookshelf speakers & it sounded excellent to me.  bought it & brung it home to give a quick listen on my makeshift system with chorus 2 speakers & again it sounds like a very nice table, has a very warm & smooth sound.  it doesnt have any fancy features, in fact it has a manual tone arm, no return etc. but everything feels very well built.

the other very nice thing is the walnut finish base, its very heavy with big isolation rubber feet.  the grain & color matches klipsch oiled walnut finish very good, only this is a gloss finish. 
it is what i consider a upper entry level or mid-fi table & has a decent eliptical stylus & built in phono preamp thats defeatable to use a seperate. priced new at $249 it seems like a nice table.  any other opinions on this table?

• Moderators

It's a company in Canada that's been around for years, they make some nice looking speakers cheap or they were years ago, don't know how they sound but they looked good for the price ? Probably just getting into TT's, at least there still around so it can't be terrible I would think.

15 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I think it’s caused by cabbage or broccoli.

i see what you did there... fluance > flatulence... :unsure:

15 hours ago, dtel said:

It's a company in Canada that's been around for years, they make some nice looking speakers cheap or they were years ago, don't know how they sound but they looked good for the price ? Probably just getting into TT's, at least there still around so it can't be terrible I would think.

yes looks like they've been around for awhile & their products are geared towards budget friendly but high quality for the price point... & lifetime warranty on passive speakers!  

the turntables are a "newer" offering,  just wondering if anyone else had heard of or used them, so far seems like a very nice turntable.  if anyone is in the market for a new but budget priced TT this one has my thumbs up so far, granted i got it for less than half the retail price.  but based on reviews most people liked it better than comparable priced ones like like audio technica etc.