KSP-400 Cap Replacement Question

paulkcc

I just picked up a pair of KSP-400's and am loving the sound. One of them does have the dreaded hum issue, but I've got a friend who is going to fix that for me. He and I have read the posts about that, which have been very helpful. I was wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to go ahead and replace the caps on the crossovers while we were at it. Has anyone on here done that to the KSP-400's, and did it make a significant difference in sound? As I said, I'm loving the way they sound now, but I am pretty new to higher end audio, so not sure if there is more to be had out of these speakers. Thanks for any info.

I've owned KSP's since I joined here (2001). I have slight hum issues with 1 400, none with 300's. I bought the KSP-400's from the original owner that owned them for a few years. I would say that that period of time is probably as much as could be expected from any Klipsch amp, be it subwoofer amp or otherwise.

If you haven't run across then Service Manual here it is. You can glooble Klipsch KSP-400 and click the Klipsch site and find the Owners Manual link towards the bottom of the page, if you haven't already found that. There are many options for hook. Take you time and enjoy them.

Keith

Thanks for the replies and the links. Haven't taken anything apart yet, but I am really enjoying them. They replaced some Wharfedale Diamonds 10.1, which were great little speakers, but didn't have the range that these do.