Subwoofer test tones??

Orange Peel

Malcolm,Boa and Justin's suggestions are right. Having a Mits and a great sound system I would invest in an AVIA disc for all your audio/video calibrations. I use it for my Mits and sweeps with my ultras for EQing. The bass tone volumes will be different depending on what calibration disc you use . SVS used to have some good instructions on how to use AVIA while calibrating their subs with a db compensation chart using the RS SPL meter.I use it for subs and my internal on my ONKYO 989 for my RF-7s and RF-5s.1.gif

w/ the avia disk to get sub output you have to have speaks set small. iow, its after the dsp & relies on it & speaks small to get any sub output. that's what i was getting at w/ the HK - if the tones rely on the dsp then you have to have speaks set small to get a sub tone. maybe?

of course most should have speaks set small w/ an adequate sub anyway. unless they want to use the sub for lfe only.

& prod the avia disk doesn't use lfe channel .1 for its sub test. unless they've corrected that in recent additions from mine. that's one gripe of mine on avia. since i got the b&k pre/pro i use it for audio calibration & use the avia only for video calibration to the dvdp.

All my speakers are set to small, and it just sweeps through the highs, never sends anything to the sub.

I do have Monsters inc, I will use the THX thing and see if it sends anything to the sub. Maybe I'll go get the Avia disk today, Best Buy sells them right? Is Avia better than Video Essentials?