Home theater advice

davefromcamp

I'm building a home, and like all battles our theater room is a major one. I finally convinced the wife free standing speakers in the front will be ok. I'm looking at Klipsch series 6 rp-280f floor speakers. What are your thoughts on having them 23 1/4" off the floor on the cabinetry?

Question 2. For my surround and side speakers thoughts on in-ceiling or RP-250S? There is no way I'll have speakers on the floor to make perfect surround (ear level) speakers. I'm leaning to the RP-250S and have 4 ceiling speakers for atmos. To give you an idea of the room it is 16x19 with a larger game room behind and bar. There is no natural "break" in the room and the rear speakers would be hanging down.

3: due to cabinet constraints I'm limited to 12" woofer. I'm thinking having 2 in front under the front speakers.

I would love to hear your thoughts, we are just starting to build and want to do it as well as I'm "allowed" to. Lol.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

@davefromcamp,

Welcome to the forum.

If I am understanding you correctly, you will be placing the RP-280F's vertically on top of a cabinet that is 23 1/4 inches high?  Theoretically, the top of the speaker will be about 66 1/3 inches off the floor?  Now if your seating will be up on a riser of some sort, you may be okay but otherwise I think too high.

Bill

[mention=69832]davefromcamp[/mention],

Welcome to the forum.

If I am understanding you correctly, you will be placing the RP-280F's vertically on top of a cabinet that is 23 1/4 inches high?  Theoretically, the top of the speaker will be about 66 1/3 inches off the floor?  Now if you seating will be up on a riser of some sort, you may be okay but otherwise I think too high.

Bill
I am not sitting on a riser, it's a typical family room. Do you have another suggestion?

You would probably be fine with some of the larger bookshelf speakers, especially if you are augmenting the bass with dual 12” subwoofers. I would get the best subs and center, your budget allows. 

Moving from towers to bookshelf speakers should free up free up quite a bit of cash, for the rest of the system. The WAF will also be improved. 

You would probably be fine with some of the larger bookshelf speakers, especially if you are augmenting the bass with dual 12” subwoofers. I would get the best subs and center, your budget allows. 

Moving from towers to bookshelf speakers should free up free up quite a bit of cash, for the rest of the system.

Thanks, sound quality drop with bookshelves?

In-wall speakers work great and have a higher WAF.  I used the traditional RS on wall speakers for years put in-wall speakers in several years ago.  I liked it so much, I put 4 atmos in-ceiling speakers in the HT.  Welcome to the forum Dave!

• Like 1

In-wall speakers work great and have a higher WAF.  I used the traditional RS on wall speakers for years put in-wall speakers in several years ago.  I liked it so much, I put 4 atmos in-ceiling speakers in the HT.  Welcome to the forum Dave!
Thanks, when you say "in-wall" do you mean rear channels or even the front? Also, ceiling speakers or the side wall?

They can be used in all positions depending on the room setup, gear location, etc.  I used them as side surrounds, surround back, Atmos X4, and in  Neural X,  Pioneer Elite configuration the front Atmos function has FH speakers.  I have been to other peoples HT with all in-wall/in-ceiling speakers.

I found a few pic's on the net where in-wall could be used all the way.  It just depends on the style of the HT.  There are many ways to tackle the project.

images.jpg

terrific-small-home-theater-design-with-black-leather-sectional-sofa-feat-coffee-table-wooden-media-cabnet-and-wall-mounted-media-rack-915x606.jpg

living-room-gray-furniture-ideas-flat-screen-tv-wall-unit-large-curtains-windows-decorating-grey-sofa-chaise-wi_grey-couch-white-furniture_furniture_affordable-furniture-mid-century-modern-furnature-a_797x598.jpg