I have a silly question on some Epic CF1 (And now Heresy's, too!)

Oicu812

39 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

I worked in the IRS "Super Secret" data center just outside of Martinsburg for a couple of years.  The sign just says "Business Park" out front, but the razor wire fence and guards armed with M16's say something entirely different.

Ha!  That's not eastern West Virginia, that's western Maryland!  :lol:

Camp Dawson is the same way, near where that is and fairly close to WVU (don't want to use names).  There is a super secret army base there which trains our troops for action in Afghanistan due to the rugged terrain.  I was there for band camp way back in the day.  You can't use your GPS to find it because it's not there, and it's not on Goggle maps.  You kinda have to know where it is if that's where you're going. 

Here's an update:  I got the Heresy pair wired into the Bryston 4b, and they really DO blow the Bose 901's out of the water.  The sound is loud, crisp and fairly well focused.  Not bad for 40 year old speakers with the original crossovers, drivers, etc.

I had completely forgotten that I had another pair of Klipsch in my storage closet.  I will be adding in the KSF 8.5's to make the office a true 7.1 system.

Now I just need to find a pair of KG1's or 1.2's to replace the "ghost" center channel.  I had set up a pair of Bose cubes on stands, both wired to the same center channel.  Each of those are set up on either side of my monitor, angled inward.  It makes a good center speaker without setting anything directly in front of the monitor itself.  I would like to get the KG1's because they look like miniature versions of the KG4 front left and right.  I will then sell the cubes and stands on eBay, I think.