Klipsch bookshelf to go with RC62 ii

kwazimoto

I have a good offer for the RC62 ii but can only fit bookshelves for my FR FL speakers for our family room (20' x 18').  In trying to best match with timbre, power, etc, which bookshelf model would one recommend?  (family lines from prior posts pair with floor speakers, not bookshelves).

Alternatively, was thinking of the 440 or 450 for centers - if so, would your rec for the bookshelves be the same?

Thanks in advance from a new member.

RB-81 II's would be a good choice for the RC-62 II.  RP-160M's with the 440 or 450.  Either pair may work fine with either center though.  But, if I was to choose I'd go with the aforementioned.

BTW - Welcome to the Forum

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ACV92 said:

RB-81 II's would be a good choice for the RC-62 II.  RP-160M's with the 440 or 450.  Either pair may work fine with either center though.  But, if I was to choose I'd go with the aforementioned.

BTW - Welcome to the Forum

Thanks!  Lots of good info here.  Appreciate your input!

I had RB-61’s paired with a RC-62 for a while and I really enjoyed the combo. The good news is that sometimes Fry’s has pairs of RB-61’s on sale for $199, during their weekly promo ads. Haven’t seen them pop up in a few weeks though.. 

I also had 4 RP-160m’s with a RP-450C and I preferred this ove the the combo mentioned above but not quite sure if it was worth double the price of the Reference II setup I had. 

You will be very happy either way, they are all wonderful speakers. I am in the camp where I would much rather have bookshelf speakers over towers if you can afford to add a sub with the bookshelves vs. not being able to afford towers and a sub. Something else to consider. 

• Like 1