Heresy 1 HB-R speakers purchase

Tommy.S

Greetings.

New to the forum. I have found a pair of Heresy 1 HB-R speakers with matching serial numbers. 70S704 and 70S705 for $600.00 on Facebook Market Place. I've done some research and have learned what the HB-R stands for, but I'm not  clear on the date. Is the date of these speakers 1970 or does the "S" stand for 1978?

Here are some other questions I have and would appreciate some feedback on.

Is $600.00 a fair price for these speakers? In the pictures posted they appear in great shape. No tears on the covers. Cabinets appear to be stained a little darker. Maybe a walnut color. No scratches or nicks that I can tell, and the serial tags on the back are old, but they are still readable. Any suggestion on things to look for when I go to inspect them and listen to them prior to purchase?

I'm in the process of redoing my current home theater system. I have purchased a Reference R-10SW. Sounds great with my current receiver. I currently have a Onkyo HT-500 system from 1996 that was a HTB system. Would I experience any issues hooking up these speakers to my existing receiver? The plan is to add new speakers as I go. Would these HB-R speakers be a good fit for a home theater? I would also play music as well thru them. Eventually i will add a new receiver, and complete the speaker set up with a center and surrounds, all Klipsch.

Any info and or advise, suggestion would be greatly appreciated. My apologies if I asked to many questions.

Looking forward to being a part of the community and playing loud and proud!

Tommy

Greetings.
New to the forum. I have found a pair of Heresy 1 HB-R speakers with matching serial numbers. 70S704 and 70S705 for $600.00 on Facebook Market Place. I've done some research and have learned what the HB-R stands for, but I'm not  clear on the date. Is the date of these speakers 1970 or does the "S" stand for 1978?

Here are some other questions I have and would appreciate some feedback on.

Is $600.00 a fair price for these speakers? In the pictures posted they appear in great shape. No tears on the covers. Cabinets appear to be stained a little darker. Maybe a walnut color. No scratches or nicks that I can tell, and the serial tags on the back are old, but they are still readable. Any suggestion on things to look for when I go to inspect them and listen to them prior to purchase?

I'm in the process of redoing my current home theater system. I have purchased a Reference R-10SW. Sounds great with my current receiver. I currently have a Onkyo HT-500 system from 1996 that was a HTB system. Would I experience any issues hooking up these speakers to my existing receiver? The plan is to add new speakers as I go. Would these HB-R speakers be a good fit for a home theater? I would also play music as well thru them. Eventually i will add a new receiver, and complete the speaker set up with a center and surrounds, all Klipsch.

Any info and or advise, suggestion would be greatly appreciated. My apologies if I asked to many questions.

Looking forward to being a part of the community and playing loud and proud!

Tommy

IMO $600.00 sounds a little steep. I would offer three and come up to four. Not a penny more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk