What Remote To Get?

the_punisher

Pronto and Marantz are "both" best on the market. Marantz has been King of remotes, for 4 yrs, both are the same CO. Since the 90's Marantz has ruled...the 5000i. to present, the RC1200 through the RC3200 - 9200 at 356 megs pixel of colour, 8 MB card etc rule.

Nothing competes......I love the download factor..........

the_punisher:

You can look at www.remotecentral.com, they have quite a few reviews for various remotes. BTW, Philips just announced a new version of the Pronto (TSU3000) that looks very nice and will mean that the prices of the TSU2000 will most likely go down shortly.

-Dave

How big are your hands?

I currently have a Pronto TSU2000 and I love the flexibility of the unit. I used to have the older Sony RM-AV2000 and found it to be a little on the large side. I have large hands, but I had problems using it with one hand.

My wife on the other hand liked the Sony unit because of the placement of the often used ch+/ch- buttons. She is a major channel surfer and she liked the Sony much more than the Pronto. She could just put the remote down on the couch, and with one finger, just press away at the surfing buttons.