SONY ES RECEIVERS

Joe DiClemente

the new sony 4es is nice and has one of the easiest universal remotes and sony es has a 5 year manufacture warranty, everyone else 2 or 3 year. I like the new pioneer elite 45tx which has auto calibration convergence which makes setup real easy. Denon 3802 has 5 channel stereo but so does yamaha, which i would give the 2300 yamaha a look. You should look at the 4es sony and the pionner 45tx and one last one the yamaha 2300. If you have klipsch i would buy the pioneer elite because of the auto convergence. I heard the elite 49tx and klipsch matched up and it sounded awesome.

If i were you, I would bag both those ideas, and buy an onkyo or an integra. in my opinion onkyo and its sister company integra sell the very very best solid state receivers on the market. I think that they blow dennon and sny outof the water, if you bought an onkyo txds 989 ver2, i promise you that it would be more than any receiver you could have ever dreamed. That receiver is just amazing. Or Even the txds 898 is really really nice i you don't want to spend big bucks, but sinceyou have the rf7's i'd say just go all out and buy the txds 989 ver2, and call it amazing, because it would be better than good, i promise only good can come out of an onkyo product

Aside from brands I think what purchasers really need to look for to be happy with a good HT setup is to purchase an amp with full bandwidth on all channels.(Watch out for this one because many manufacuteres will try to fool you into thinking they have it) and that the amp utilizes high current amplifiers. Note that high current amplifiers will bump you into anther spending bracket from jsut full bandwidth.

EJ