"better cable"

mmiles

anyone ever here of these folks? they have a banner on www.avsforum.com (very cool site, i was very impressed).

the price for what you get seem great and they have won several awards. i wonder what "family" of monster cable does their product line compare with?

regards,

mmiles

The only bettercable I have is the interconnect that came with my SVS Ultra, S-1000 combo from SVS. It seems to be just fine.

There are a lot of cable companies out there that have a better product than "monster" and comparable prices.

I purchased cobalt cable interconnects for my latest project. www.cobaltcable.com. I am very happy with them. They were basically the same price as Monster, but better quality.

JM

---------------- On 10/16/2002 6:26:49 PM Malev wrote:

I prefer good looking cable.

I like to look at the back of my receiver, and see big, fat, good looking cable and pat myself on the back for having such good looking cable.

----------------

Surely you jest...

About the better product them Monster,it depends what Monster Cable series.I dont know Better Cable or SoSO Cables.I know Monster,Cardas,Transparent,MIT,Tributairies,Canare,UltraLink,AudioQuest and Kimber.If you take the basic Monster Cable I agree you can have better for less(UltraLink for example).

If you take the M series or Sigma the ME TOO cables are in no way better,they are cheaper.I have a good few M series cables and interconects and they compare well to even the High-End from Cardas(GoldenCross),Kimber(Select) and a few others.

To hear sound quality improving you have to have at least high resolution speakers and transparent components.In most cases it will be the I HATE MONSTER placebo effect.What ever makes the owner happy