Nothing can stop me from picking up my Klipschorns!

JCturboT

Hey Jeff, congratulations on your score! The only time I was able to A/B Khorns was when I was buying mine in 1979. The salesdude made the comparison to the Heresy, the Belle and the La Scala. The bass is what sold me, and I remember the difference was not subtle! The mids and highs were also clearer. He used to put on ELO's Fire on High and I would listen to the strumming of the guitars...it was awsome! You will love your horns!

JC,

Happy Congrats on getting the K-horns! It should be worthwhile upgrade from Cornwalls.

I, too, had Cornwalls (I, circa 1977) before upgrading to my KB-RO's (Circa 1974). I noticed the increase in sensitivity right away & the different bass sound. The K-horns appear to breathe effortlessly more than the Cornwalls. Whereas the Cornwall bass is a punchy boom, the K-horn bass engulfs the listener in a more natural way. Also, the longer midrange horn appears to project images much better.

Massachusetts to Virginia, huh? I guess that barely qualifies you as a K-horn looney. I went from Long Island to Jupiter, Florida in one weekend to get my K-horns. Used a Mazda MPV with the seats removed. I couldn't believe they fit (barely!). Had to push the seats all the way forward (I'm 6'2") & drive cramped for 21 hours straight. Well worth it, though. Would do it again in a NY minute.

Have fun & enjoy the K-horns,

Pete1.gif

Pete,

Yeah I guess we are both kinda looney-although I only had to drive a measley 1,000 miles round trip to get mine as opposed to your 2,400 mile journey!

I think you should submit your story to Klipsch for winning those new pair of Klipschorns-you'd get my vote.

Jeff

16.gif