Any Pete Riggle VTAF Users?

rplace

Anyone use a Pete Riggle VTAF? http://www.vtaf.com/vtafdescription.html

Curious what your thoughts and impressions are? I've never been able to convince myself I can really hear the difference between adjustments up and down. I am however interested in how it decouples the arm from the deck since I have a ridged table with no suspension. Since you can adjust the VTA on the fly seems like a better chance to actually hear a difference (assuming one exists) as a LP is playing and in turn dial things in for various thicknesses of LPs. I have lots of thick 180g and 200g LPs along with super thin original MFSL and standard 70s cheapies. I set it up once with a test record and leave it where it is for all LPs.

I havent used the Pete Riggle VTAF but my tone arm has a VTA adjustment that could also be used on the fly. To tell the truth I set it and havent made adjustments based on record thickness. In the past I have adjusted the vta (before this arm) by using different thickness platter mats. Worked out well.

Josh

• Thanks 1