New Subwoofer ($400)

Stephen328

Well, I've decided on my mains (RB-3s) and eventually new surrounds. But now its time to start sub-shopping. My room is small, but I really love base. I want a decent amount of power but more importantly, it has to be deep and clean. Anyway, I cant afford the reference series, and SVS is out of my pricerange. I'm looking at the KSW series. Either 1 KSW-15 or maybe dual KSW-10s, that would be cool. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks.

I have had a KSW-15 for several years and it has been quite sufficient for me as a "beginner's" sub, and probably would meet most people's needs. However, I think it probably strains a little trying to keep up with my K-horns at elevated volumes, so I'm looking to augment my low bass output some.

In any case, for its price, the KSW-15 is one of the better deals out there.

I've been happy with the performance of my KSW15.

Other than a few cabinet flaws, I can't find anything wrong with it.

Of course, I wasn't satisfied with just one sub.

I mean, who really is? J/K.

Soooo, I went ahead a got my hands on a couple more and that's all she wrote.

I've got SLAM, BAM, BOOM, and CRASH!

Before, all I had was the bam, boom, and crash.

I like my KSW15 alot, but I have to suggest a SW12 II if you can find one.

There out there, somewhere.

Enjoy your decision.1.gif

If you have the tools, it's quite easy to build a sonosub. You could easily out do the KSW-15 and stay within budget. Check out www.stryke.com, their preorder on the AV-15 is extended until 10/21, it looks like it will be quite a deal(especially at the preorder price).

This link gave my brother and I the confidence to do our own SVS clone with the old CS driver. Patrick Sun's page was the most helpful:

http://members.tripod.com/~terryctheater/shivaphotoalbum/page12.html

If you don't want to bother building it yourself, checkout the post here "More BASS, Please...", there's a great suggestion for a Stryke based sub around $400 there.