Heresy III vs Forte III

tomy2

I gotta say, I’ve asked this question on other forums and I am surprised at how many who have had the opportunity to hear both of these speakers actually preferred the Heresy III’s. Which makes me all the more want to hear the Forte’s just to find out for myself. The closest authorized dealer that could possibly have these on demo would be Upscale Audio in the LA area which taking a trip there is not out of the realm of a possibility, would be fun to do so and get a chance to hear both in the same room with same electronics.

1 hour ago, moray james said:

I would buy a Forte 3 just for the massively better mid horn alone, even if it used the same mid driver as the H3. This is not a subjective comment, to suggest that the K701 is equal in performance to the horn in the Forte 3 is ridiculous and incorrect.That there are some who cannot hear the difference is entirely understandable. The fact that some do not appreciate the difference and improvement should mean nothing to you. If you listen to both and you do not hear a difference then save your money. That is the only test which should ever matter to you.

to suggest that the K701 is equal in performance to the horn in the Forte 3 is ridiculous and incorrect

No one said that Moray

That there are some who cannot hear the difference is entirely understandable. 

How rude

The fact that some do not appreciate the difference and improvement should mean nothing to you

But because you say it means that it is right?  No

That is the only test which should ever matter to you.

That's the only thing  you said that makes any sense at all.

Jimbo: you need to spend some time in your safe room and have yourself a good cry, that will make you feel better. The crap that sometimes finds its way here can be truly unbelievable. If you find this rude get over don't look don't read don't listen to it or walk away that should all come easy for you.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 10:38 PM, jimjimbo said:

I have heard both of these speakers in the same room, with the same material, with the same source amps, preamps, etc.(at the Klipsch factory demo room in Hope, AR)  I was very impressed with the Heresy III, so much so that I purchased a pair.  With your pair of subs, I honestly don't think the additional expenditure for the Forte III is justified.  JMHO.  

Hello from Croatia, Zagreb !!!
I have the same problem with bass.
I own two pairs of Klipsch speakers (P37F & Heresy 3) mounted on the Korato tube (El34) monoblocks 50W A class. All in the same room of approx. 20 m2. 
I have the default conditions and can not change the position of the speakers.
The P37F generally sounds good but in the deepest bass, it does not have enough for my taste.
With Heresy 3 the problem is even bigger.
By reading your posts from your experience, now I'm thinking about buying a woofer (maybe two if that's better and if I have enough space).
In my country I do not know anyone who turn on the woofer in the stereo system. 
My dear friends audiofiles say it's a sin :) FORBIDDEN!!!
You can see in the picture that the woofer (or woofers) can only be positioned between the two Heresy 3 speakers (their distance is approximately 1.8 m).

http://prntscr.com/lag10h

I think this is too small space to set up two woofers (or maybe not?).
Replacing Heresy 3 for Forte 3 is also one of the options if it solves the issue of bass.
What do you think about it?