EICO HF-81 owners: Factory Wired Interior - see pic

mobile homeless

I just received some pictures from a new EICO HF-81 owner. This happens from time to time, but what makes this batch so special is the fact that this is the first interior pics I have received of a unit that is DEFINITELY FACTORY WIRED. Once can immediately see the difference in the organization of the layout and wiring ie clean-twisted leads- 90degree bends etc; it is heads above the typical wiring job for most EICO HF-81s. How much difference this makes in sonics depends, but needless to say, it is definitely going to help, especially considering hum and blackness of background.

A special thanks goes to John Derven who took the time and effort to take these shots. In fact, his amp is VERY nice topsides as well. He is working on replacing some caps now. One can notice a bit of leakage already with the output coupling caps. I will more than likely post this shots as well as some others I have received on the EICO HF-81 site when I get a chance. Thanks again!

EICO HF-81 Factory Wiring Job

factory_wire_800.jpg

I have a large shot but it is not even as cleaned up as the shot above. But it IS larger and perhaps a bit easier to see. Unfortunately, he doenst have a very good digital camera and none of the shots were totally clear or grain-free. The closeups were all a bit blurry but at least you can see the basics here. I'll send you the larger shot regardless.

kh