Hey fellow HK AVR 520 bros!!

Orange Peel

unless its some goofy config, whatever you set the cross to should always be the low pass on the sub out/sub - that is, where it starts filtering off the sub on up in hz.

when you set speaks to large, it bypasses the high pass filter (crossover point) & the speaks run full-range.

when you set the speaks small it should then use a high pass filter at that same crossover point on down in hz. at least this is how all the adjustable universal crossovers in processors i've seen work.

& this is where i've found it to blend best - all speaks small & processor universal crossover at 50hz (10-15 hz over the lowest flat capability/rated point on the speakers).

i would think most w/ large speaks would die to have an adjustable cross in the dsp down to 60-40hz, especially w/ klipsch speaks. iow, OP you must be a real bass hound. 9.gif

really you shouldn't want the sub too high in hz & directional. it should blend in seemlessly w/ the other speaks. but that's the thing about tastes - some may like to hear the sub over the rest of the material.

16.gif

Thanks guys.

Boa - I have the crossover enabled on the SVS and set to around 100hz. And the HK is set to 60hz default. I wanted to get the HK to 80hz for the low pass sub crossover, this way I wouldn't have to use the subs x-over. But since it's only gonna send 60hz and below to the sub, I'll be missing out on almost everything in the low end if I disable the sub's x-over.

And yes, I am a BASS HOUND! 9.gif I can't wait to add my 2nd SVS!!

What do you think of the situation I proposed in this reply?