SB's or RB's

berkolipp

Having trouble deciding on SB-2's or RB3's as main speakers for a HT/2Channel setup. I drive mostly 2 Channel music, but do continously have the speakers on for general TV/movie viewing and of course, DVD. Limited on space, so no stands either. Any downside to the SB-2's? I see so many reviews for the infamous RB5's, but nothing on the SB's versus RB's. I have Synergy SCW2s in the rear and felt better matching with Synergy series, but again, unsure to step up to Refs. Drive the system with an HK AVR85 (75 wpc)and have Velodyne 10" sub. (which is real nice).... Thanks in advance, everyone....16.gif

Welcome to the Forum.

Tough decision from the stand-point that a superior multichannel experience demands that all of your speakers be timbre matched.

Maybe you should base your decision on what you enjoy more often - multichannel/movies, or 2-channel music.

The RB3's will certainly deliver superior performance in almost every area as compared to the SB2's (which I owned for a few months).

I say go for the RB3's, and if there is ANY way possible, go for the RB5's - which I consider to be the absolute best value in audio -- absolutely.

I say..... NOTHING on the matter. IOW, I dont know an RB from an SB from a ....

BUT... Tim, I did notice you need to change "Audio" to "Sound" so it's "Wright Sound"

Wright Audio is another company entirely and the mistake is easy to make. I have caught myself doing it several times. If ole George saw that, he would be ALL bent outta shape!

ps- Did you get the pics I mailed?

heh, It's Changed. I did know the difference but I probably typed that info during one of my late night wine or beer tasting sessions.

If ole George called to complain I'd just have to work out a barter trade with him. I'd change the name and he would agree to fix the slight hum problem with the 2a3s...

Mobile - Yes got the pics but have not had time to take a look at them just yet.

- tb

I am pretty sure he will fix that hum for free. It is a design flaw in the amps past 15 months old or so. The problem might be the fact that your are not the original owner; still, this was a problem with all his amps and I think he should fix them, perhaps minus shipping. IT is worth it as they DO become dead quiet. I had the amp pre-fix on my CW and there was a slight hum in both channels.