SB's or RB's? (same post in 2 Channel)

berkolipp

Having trouble deciding on SB-2's or RB3's as main speakers for a HT/2Channel setup. I drive mostly 2 Channel music, but do continously have the speakers on for general TV/movie viewing and of course, DVD. Limited on space, so no stands either. Any downside to the SB-2's? I see so many reviews for the infamous RB5's, but nothing on the SB's versus RB's. I have Synergy SCW2s in the rear and felt better matching with Synergy series, but again, unsure to step up to Refs. Drive the system with an HK AVR85 (75 wpc)and have Velodyne 10" sub. (which is real nice).... Thanks in advance, everyone.... 16.gif

I have both RF3 and RB5 and they are both great! The sonority is somewhat different with the RB5 but i would never say it's infamous! In fact, i put both the RF3 and RB5 as mains (RF3 driven by denon 1802 and RB5 soon (probably) driven by Denon 1403.) And i would rebuy the RB5 over the RB3 for the power (and a little more bass? did not hear the RB3 yet...)