SET and Jensen oil caps in crossovers

lammers

Here is the deal for Horn Heads with triodes.

Build external crossovers with Al K's autoformer, use Goertz foil inductors on the

woofer and squawker with Jensen aluminum foil in oil caps,these are expressly for xovers but shoud be external to eliminate microphonics, 12.9uf on squawker, 3.3uf on tweet and 136uf of Solen fast caps on woofer.

Rewire internally with whatever you like, put on a diaper and see just how GREAT the Heritage series can be. Above values apply to La Scalas. Takes a couple hundred hours for them to really blossom and I promise you

will be the envy of all audio heads. These

blow the Hovlands away with SET, probably

PP tubes too. It is ALL there, I have NEVER

heard anything I can afford sound better.

Just the facts folks. I will try to post a photo. PLLLEASE try it. This is the missing link to the Sonic Holy Grail with horns and

SET.

Don't blame me if you get fired cause you won't leave the sweet spot!

Avantegarde at 15 to 30K, No way. This will cost right near $500 and it is the best upgrade/tweak you will ever do, along with horn damping. This is THE source of TRIODE CREAM!

You can touch the performers. Add K43KP

woofers and you will never sell your Scalas.

CAP VALUES DEPEND ON YOU DRIVERS, EXCEPT TWEETER. ELIMINATE EVERYTHING IN THIS BRANCH

AND USE ONLY A 3.3 CAP. NOW YOU KNOW WHAT TO SPEND YOUR TAX REFUND ON.

what an amusing thought to have your crossover sitting next to your amp, with a short(!) speaker wire to the crossover, and three burly boys from the crossover snaking into the speaker...

Just not clear on what you mean by your references to changing values on networks -- you are talking about the stock AA network being modified?

The Jensen caps are the bumb! Installed them on the upper branch of the crossover networks and with just a few hours of burn-in they sound great! In one word SMOOTH! My Khorns never sounded better, a 10 on the old mod scale. Try it you'll like it. Walt

Les,

I was going to drive over to Welborne labs and pick up some Jensen caps and then I got a little confused. Would you elaborate once again. Did you get the aluminum foil or copper foil caps. I don't see the premium copper caps in the values I need. Also I don't see a 12.9 uF cap at all. How did you accomplish the cap config on the squawker? Finally, did you use your existing autoformer for you new crossover? Maybe Welborne just doesn't have all the caps listed on their web site.

drobo