Fact or Fake?

Jeff Matthews

On 11/14/2018 at 7:56 PM, Jeff Matthews said:

Anyone familiar with Dr. Burzynski and his cancer treatments?

I'm not, but my mom knows about him.  She's 90 and I know that she's said that he has been hounded by the FDA.  I thought somehow his license was revoked, but at some point it was restored.  One book my mom has mentioned is "The 100 Year Lie," which I guess is something along the same lines.

An anecdotal story about my mom, with a different doctor in Michigan back in the 1930's.  She was losing her eyesight, and my granddad worked with somebody who knew of this eye doctor in Michigan.  So he took her to Michigan on many occasions to get special eye-drops from him, and said that long lines of people used to wait to get to see him.  He was called a "quack" by the medical experts back then.  But, my mom was on the verge of going blind, but after that she was able to continue being able to see, not 20-20 of course, but still much improved over the alternative.  I don't know his name or what happened to him.  Now, just recently, she has used some special eye-drops made from blood drawn from her, and that was supposed to be very helpful to her also.