Matching Speakers for my Mains

Yesfan70

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site, but not to home theater. I've been in the hobby for close to 10 years now, and still can't seem to cure myself of the "upgrade bug". My system includes:

Denon AVR 3600 A/V receiver

frt speakers Klipsch KG5.5

center speaker Klipsch KV2

rear speakers Yamaha NS-A835

Def Tech PowerField 1500 sub (250W/15" woofer)

My system use is 90%/10% for music/movies. What would some of you fellow Klipsch owners recommend for a better matching center? I'm looking to build my system around DVD-A and multi-channel SACD as time (and budget) allows. Some of the ideas I had were, if I went the used route:

1st option-

A pair of KLF-30s for the fronts.

KLF-C7 for the center

Move the KG5.5s to the rear.

Sub- ? maybe Def Tech's SuperCube One?

2nd option-

another pair of KG5.5s for the rear, and the KLF-C7 for the center. Sub would be the same as mentioned above.

If I ever wanted to add a power amp in the future, I have wonder about Sunfire. Would this be a good match for Klipsch speakers?

I know I have to scout around the used shops and/or websites, so what are the best sites, and are my options good? I'm always open to better suggestions. Thanks.

Yesfan70

Option 1 is better.

With the money you will end up spending on the KLF's and new center, you could also buy three new Heresys. I only present this option because the 30's might be hard to find (unless used), and the fact you are going to be using a sub (so you aren't in dire need of the extended bass response of the 30's).

Scap that sub choice. SVS is the way to, as it is the ONLY product on the market that can keep up with Klipsch without bankrupting you.

If I was doint HT with Solid State and Klipsch -- I would go B&K or Aragon (if you can afford it).

Thanks Dean,

I probably would be better to start with three new Heresys, but I have become attached to the KG5.5s in my almost ten years of owning them. Would I be better off trying to find another pair of them?

I have read good things about the SVS subs. I might have to look into that as time/budget permits. I'll have to look at some of the Aragon gear too.

What about Sunfire amps? I thought about scouting around for prices on some used Sunfires. I have read that B&K tend to be a little bright, and Klipsch are known to be a bright speaker. Just curious. Thank you for your replies.

Hmmm. You might be confusing the B&K stiff with Bryston? Bryston is most certainly bright. Horribly bright to my ears.

The B&K amps are MOSFET designs, which are almost always characterized as "warm".

I don't know anything about Carver's Sunfire amps, though I believe he's a freaking genius.

Might be hard to find another KG, but you never know.

I only know that everyone really seems to like the KLF30's and the Heresys. Either one of these would be a step up over the KG's.

Then there are always my personal favorites - RB5's and RF7's. No midrange horn with these, and so sound more evened out, with smoother overall frequency response. Not quite the "in your face" sound as the KLF's and Heritage speakers.

Whatever you do, go slow and take your time.

yes as dean says. my b&k set-up w/ klf/heritage is a nice fit. warm, smooth & tight, yet at the same time the mids & highs are crystal clear but not too bright. for me anyway.

f.e., never before this heard the sizzle of a cig so clearly, or like when someone goes to talk can

now hear their lips seperate. little nuances not there before, but that add to the clarity & effect.

Thanks, I plan on doing that. What I would like to have, again dreaming, would be a FPTV with 5 identical Klipsch speakers, be it the KLF-30s or more KG5.5s. Maybe even powered by Sunfire amps, with their Theater Grand III. I read a review of that pre/pro and was pretty much impressed!