Mint KLF-30's for $1085.95, do I buy???

justin_tx_16

Ok, went to Pawn One, found 2 KLF-30's, mint condition, oak finish, for $1085.95. Is this a good price? Should I get them? They have serial numbers that end in like 4 and 5 so they are consecutive, and both inspected by someone name like Billyaz... cursive is hard to decipher.

Let me know what you think!!!

Also has some FISHER 3 ways for $99.95 and some monstrous something elses (at least 5.5 feet tall) for $999.95 for the pair. They have a Technics 80x5 DTS DD receiver for $165, or was it ONKYO...

I will head back over there in about 1 hour, if there is anything worth getting :)

THANKS!!!!!!!!!

I got my KLF-30's brand new from UBid for $800 and $200 went to shipping. So a total of $1000. Knowing they are getting harder to find, you might have been lucky on the find. If you a really like the speakers get them and talk them down a little more. You could always re-paint them the color of your desire, professionally or do it your self.

He would not go lower than $899.95 so I left. I realize that they may be worth it, but not right now. they are even bigger than RF-7's, and those were too big. I will see if he goes any lower. He told me he sold two heresy's for $275... why was i not there a week ago!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, i cleaned up the Yamaha NS-6's and the free price tag sure seems like a great idea... hehe. wheni say they are mint, i mean MINT! the yamaha's still have the stickers on them!!! like the one that says "Dark Oak Veneer" and whatnot. i am going to get a nice 2 channel amp tomorrow, thinking a pioneer VSX-D411 (come on, going cheap here, this will be college stuff to be destroyed), i found one, open box, for $129.99 at Tweeter today.

Read my Lips !!

Buy'em at a Grand U$. Many of us prefer them to the ,( very nice ) , RF7's. I got mine at approximately U$ 1000.00 about 18 months ago and wouldn't part with them for anything less than a set of Khorns.

It is true that at the moment you might find a pair for a little less but I think these pups are in the process of attaining legendary status - - pun intended - - and you will discover that 10 years hence a clean pair of KLF30's will be worth more than a clean pair of RF7's. As sexy as the copper cones on the 7's are I suspect that down the road those cones will scream year-2000 as loudly as the slide out cooktop in our new/old house screamed 1960.

I have auditioned the 30's and the 7's extensively and greatly prefer the 30's - That said - - If I couldn't have Khorns or 30's I would have the 7's in a New York minute.

Justin,

If possible I would try to take a listen to those KLFs as they will sound very different than the Hereseys you've listen to in the past.Like lynnm I prefer them as well to the RF series (sorry dean2.gif )

If you are going to use them for college I would keep a lookout for a good used (read beatup) set of Klipsch and get a set in excellent condition as a present to yourself once you graduate.

Jeff

I am going to college soon and want speakers that will last through college that if are stained by beer and whatnot... or ruined! so that is why i think I am going to wait for some nice stuff till i graduate. i really think the NS-6's will do just fine considering.

their specs are...

10-60 watts 8 ohm

46hz-19Khz

about 20 years old, with about 2.5 years of use, from when my dad started college till he got married and bought a house. then they went into storage. the only amp i have ever powered them with was a sony 20 watt p/c amp, i am picking up a 100x5 Pioneer receiver tomorrow (DTS, DD, PLII, etc) for $129 at Tweeter which should help me decide on whether i should buy something more.