Forte II--Torn passive radiator

slofuse

While moving my Forte IIs some over-enthusiastic helpers tore the passive radiator cone on one of them. Although I cannot notice any difference in the performance of the speaker, it sickens me that it's not perfect. Can I fix this myself? Where do I buy parts?3.gif

BUMMER !!

Call 1-800-Klipsch. I hope the passives are still available for the II's ! I believe that the passives are no longer available for the I's. Another of our members Cluless had this problem a while back and the good folk at Klipsch were able to dig up a pair for her. It might be worth PMing her for the name of the guy at Klipsch whom she dealt with.

I had a similar problem with the woofer of my quartet, and found some black silicon the flexable type. this did a real good job of mending the tear and the woofer sounded as good as new,cluless might have one since she got two from klipsch and might send it to you if you ask. Hey worth a try tough break.

• 2 weeks later...

$192 for a passive!!!!!!!!!

I would use a different brand before I would pay that. Thats a total rip off. Shame on Klipsch, youv'e already bought the speakers and thenm they goudge you for the replacement parts.

Oh yea, just fix it with some silicone that'll work fine. Just use smoe decent stuff so that you don't end up having to try to fix again because if it tears loose it will take some of your contact away. Goop the piss out of is much as possible while still alowing proper travel of the cone.

EJ

Thanks to all of you for your advice. I followed the most obvious suggestion and called 1-800-Klipsch and was shortly talking to a real person in their parts department. They had 4 passive radiators in stock and they shipped one to me for $58 plus S&H. I can install it myself in about an hour. Now I will have my perfect speakers back again. In the meantime I bought a pair of 20 year old Cornwalls which are absolutely mint. The Forte IIs are now my rear surrounds. I don't ever have to leave the house.