Everyone's favorite place to buy online?

elgrillo

I have gone insane, and I had posted earlier about $600 budget for speakers, but now I have upgraded the budget to $1800. Thats it I can't go any further. Now I noticed on sounddistributors they sell a reference package for $1800(including shipping)

Link here:

http://www.sounddistributors.com/buynow.asp?action=detail&prid=579&crid=86&cat_name=Klipsch+Speakers

My problem is that I am a little hesitant about spending that type of $$$ on a place that I have quite frankly never heard of. I know that I could probably buy them at Tweeter but they are about $500 more expensive. So I was wondering what online stores do you people reccomend. I mean I know for computer parts I buy from newegg.com, and they are highly reccomended just about everywhere, so I have no problem spending hard earned money there. But as far as speakers goes, I have no clue. I appreciate your help.

P.S I am open to any suggestions on what speaker(5.1) packages to buy for $1800. I already have a reciever.

I haven't bought any audio equipment online. But I was originally going to buy it from sounddistributors. Go ahead and get it from them if you want, I did a lot of review reading about internet sites from other online buyers and it seemed like sound distributors have a very good record. I also called them once and they were very helpfull on the phone.

Not sure where you live, but if you're close to MD go to a place called Soundworks. The owner(Mark) helped me and asked me if I'd been shopping the internet and if so what kind of pricing did I find. I told him yes and $1300 before shipping for the R*-3II system was the cheapest I found. He told he he could do it for $1350, this ended up saving me money because I didn't have to pay shipping for anything.

Hope you live close to MD and if not it could be worth a drive. You can find them from Klipsch's dealer locator. Oh yeah, the city is Kensington.