A Tough question this one is

elgrillo

I am pulling hairs trying to decide what to buy. I am begging for some more help. Basically I am going to work extra just to purchase some speakers, so my budget is about $1800. I currently own a yamaha htr 8280 and I was wondering what speakers would go well with this amp? I know its a tough question, but what I am basically asking is what are the best speakers that I could get, within budget, where my amp wont be a disgrace to them.

link here: http://www.yamaha.com/cgi-win/webcgi.exe/DsplyModel/?gAVR00010HTR-5280

Your amp will run any speakers Klipsch has to offer to very acceptable levels. The Yamaha is a quality amp. I had a 5250 before I bought my RX-V1 and I ran K-horns,Cornwalls, Hereseys, and KSF 8.5's with it. No problems. Obviously the speakers could take more but I didn't have nay compliants.

I would suggest something in the Heritage line, but then agian I would suggest the heritage line even if you running extra speakers off of your boombox as even the boombox would power up a set khorns to decent levels. Keep in mind Klipsch speakers a very efficient so it takes very little power to reach decent levels. When you start talking about cranking out some serious bass out of them that's another story bass takes power regardless of speaker brand howerever klipsch do a good job of being efficient with bass also.

EJ

I use a HTR-5280 as a pre-pro for my Parasound HCA-855a. I have it hooked up to the Klipsch R*-3II system. When I moved a few months ago I packed up the Parasound and used the Yamaha amp. I really didn't like the sound at all. I just bought it because I I loved the sound of my previous RX-V995. It was very "bright" and "shrill" sounding. The amount of power isn't an issue, there was plenty there, but it didn't make a good match to my ears. I'm also not saying the it's a bad receiver, it just didn't match well with the Klipsch.

Just try and demo as many speakers as possible. Try to buy from a place that has a return policy, so if you're not satisfied with the sound in your room you can return or exchange. As far as recommendations, the Klipsch R*-3II system would still be my choice.

Arent the RF series a little edgy to begin with? May be not a good match with Yamaha as from what alot say they seem to have those characteristics. I myself don't notice it but I do like a little more treble when I listen, I prefer not to listen flat. The eq etting for me would look like a U if you know what I mean. Anway isn't that what the tone controls are for or am I missing something here. If I am someone needs to expain. Seriously.14.gif

EJ