Where Can I get Klipsch in MInnesota

toddvj

Hi, I work for Audio King in Minnesota and sell Klipsch speakers. I have an opportunity to get Klipsch Products at a special accommodation price, but am torn. I like the RP-5's and am most likely going to get a system based on those (along with RC-3, and RS-3's) The problem is, I also really like the KLF-20's (a lot.) Between the RP-5's and the KLF-20's, I still choose the RP-5's. Unfortunately, we do not carry the KLF-30's and I have heard that the are really awesome speakers. Does anyone know where to get KLF-30's in the Twin Cities area. I'd really like to do an A/B comparison before I order my speakers. Thanks.

toddvj;

Since you sell Klipsch I know you know about your local area and who carries us...have you tried our dealer locater on this website? You could put in some zip codes from other parts of your state and maybe find a dealer not too far from you who has the KLF-30's.

toddvj,

Since you work for Audio King, perhaps you could do us all a favor and have a little heart to heart chat with your management!

Seriously, I have been less than inspired with Audio King lately. In my opinion they have a wonderful opportunity here but just don't realize it.

If I had the money, I believe I'd approach Klipsch to open up a Klipsch only outlet here and would definitely keep at least one of the heritage line in the store at all times.

------------------

John P

St Paul, MN

Thanks everybody for replying. Randy, I remember the 70th and France store, but I was just a young kid at the time. Phil, Yeah, I've tried the dealer locator, but I didn't feel it was extremely accurate (Audio King isn't even listed, only FastTrak, which is our service department) so I hoped somebody else might know somewhere--I live a pretty sheltered life, I pretty much stay in the city, don't venture out to the 'burbs much. Klewless, what do you mean I should have a heart to heart with the mgmt? You mean because we don't have enough Klipsch? Or is there another issue with Audio King? Again, thanks to all who replied.

I would look through the ads for somebody who want to dump their big old horns - better yet, find a pair that needs work - worse comes to worse, if you like the KLF20s, you will like the 30s even more - quite a step up in sound stage and presentation, if you have the room - also wait for the dead of winter - anybody selling them then will be glad to have you show up with a truck!

wink.gif

------------------

toddvj,

Just a friendly poke at Audio King for not carrying the heritage line.

I know they will order them for you but you have to know just what you want and then explain to the salesman (usually) that you do know what you want and yes they can order them (yes, I have talked with sales people at Audio King who did not know what a Heresy was and also did not know he could order them.)

I would seem to me that they could at least carry the Heresy. Because of it's size, I fully understand not keeping the Klipschorn on the sales floor. But if I were president of Audio King, the Klipschorn would be on the sales floor. You cannot sell what the customer cannot see these days!

There are two hi end stores on I394 just west of Minnepolis who can get Klipsch and one of them actually has the Heresy on display.

------------------

John P

St Paul, MN

Klewless,

Yeah, you're right. I wish we did carry the Heritage stuff, mainly so that I could listen to them. I've never even heard a pair of Klipschorns. About the salespeople, it's true that some people don't know a lot about special order stuff. It's funny, you could point to any product and most of the guys could spout off the model number in seconds flat, but I had a customer looking for Klipschorns and the first guy he talked to said we didn't carry them and couldn't get them. He must've not known, because I can't imagine someone blowing off a big sale like that. But I do think we'd sell more of the Heritage if we carried them, it's not like Klipsch are hard to sell, just play them next to another brand, and tell people what to listen for and nine times out of ten they will go with the Klipsch. But, I'm not the boss, so I guess I'll just deal with what I've got. Thanks for taking the time to write back.

Todd.

Klewless,

Yeah, you're right. I wish we did carry the Heritage stuff, mainly so that I could listen to them. I've never even heard a pair of Klipschorns. About the salespeople, it's true that some people don't know a lot about special order stuff. It's funny, you could point to any product and most of the guys could spout off the model number in seconds flat, but I had a customer looking for Klipschorns and the first guy he talked to said we didn't carry them and couldn't get them. He must've not known, because I can't imagine someone blowing off a big sale like that. But I do think we'd sell more of the Heritage if we carried them, it's not like Klipsch are hard to sell, just play them next to another brand, and tell people what to listen for and nine times out of ten they will go with the Klipsch. But, I'm not the boss, so I guess I'll just deal with what I've got. Thanks for taking the time to write back.

Todd.

Klewless- I am interested in the 2 stereo shops off of I394. I am aware of Great Plains- They seem good, but with Audio Perfection 1/2 mile from my house, I go there for high end thrills. Audio King has lost me as a customer due to quantity vs. quality mindset. Remember when they where on France- With all the great old equipment they carried! Now I can't distinguish Audio King from Best Buy ( with the exception that they offer you a soda if you look like a potential buyer! ). I do agree that Toddvj should keep his eyes glued to the Sunday paper want ads. I bought a perfect pair of pro lascala split "b" s for $500.00!

Clint,

The second store is Halston near 394 and Louisiana Ave (two blocks west) on the north frontage road. They are not a high end store but are an official Klipsch dealer. Their focus is home theater. I saw the Heresy and RF3 there today. Their listening rooms are pretty good too. Great Plains is a bit further west on 394 (can't remember cross street however).

Audio Perfection is where I got my Mageplanars. Some people don't agree but I thing the maggies sound pretty good too. Totally different from Klipsch though.

------------------

John P

St Paul, MN