Dad's Album's

erikjohn

Well my parents are moving here to Orlando. Last week my dad made a trip down here to drop off some stuff, which included his record collection. He was a DJ for about 25 years and has a huge collection. We unloaded about 15-20 boxes of records. I will probably be hooking up his turntable to my system once he gets everything unpacked in about a month. He has put alot of his vinyl on cd's. Let me know if there's something out there you just can't seem to find, he has got a decent amount of rare stuff. Most of collection is 60's, 70's & and early 80's. Let me know. One in particular I can think of is Bob Segar Smokin' OP's. Killer album.

EJ9.gif

Mike,

Sorry man, I haven't been putting you off because I do want to get over there and I still plan on takin you up on that other invite, plus I want to get out to Q's place to see his stuff but I have been going non-stop for the last couple months. With the addition, improvemets inside the new place, packing, fixing in the old place, pregnant wife, baby, 2 dogs, work, just seems like no time for anything. The highlights of my days is sneaking into the forum while at work. I am definitly going to get over there though. Soon I will be buggin you to get over to my place to see the setup in the new place.

Did you get your amp fixed. Do you know what it was that caused it to go?

Yea dad will be interested in getting rid of alot of the vinyl, of course I will get first pick on what I want to keep and there is stuff he won't want to get rid some. He definitly wants to seriously downsize the collection. Anyway I will give you shout on email when we get in and I can get you over or visa-versa.

EJ

That's OK... I certainly understand.

I haven't fixed the amp yet but I'm still using the 2 good channels for L/R, and am running the Center off the Denon. I will check the fuse again but if that's not the case, I will know the amp has a bad channel. From the sound of it, I have a 2 year warranty thru Ubid and can send it off to Mondial. I'll check it this weekend.

I will definitely be interested in the albums and understand you getting first dibs. Let me know when they get down here and we'll give them a look/see. We'll also coordinate with Q and check out his rig one weekend...

Mike

EJ, congrats on the baby on the way! I've got 3-, 11 and 13-year olds, a 1-1/2 hour commute (each way), and an IT department that keeps me OFF this forum during the day, so I know time is always dear. These are good times though ...

During the 12 spare minutes you have during the month, you ought to do a quick list of those LPs, and remove from that list those that you want to keep. I would bet that there are many here who would pick up the balance of those LPs and save you the hastle of listing them on Ebay. I'm assuming they're in pretty nice shape given that your dad was a DJ. I know Mobile, an ex-college DJ, was always instructing newbies on the correct way to handle LPs.

Just a thought :)

Chris,

He will catalog them when he gets settled so he can sell them. It will take more than 12 minutes but he will have to do that.

Mike,

Yes, you have second crack, well actually thirs crack, first he will keep what he really wants then me, then you.

Arfz,

Ye he has quite a few picture disks.

Only thing you will find different about 90% of his coolection is that they have a stamp on the jackets, Promotional Copy, that is what they do to all of the records that they give to Radio stations.

No problems with handleing and taking care of records here. I hae been spinning records since I could walk.

I will post the list of once it is compiled so BB can get first shot.

EJ2.gif

Greg I would keep them since your great grandmother owned them. I need a Kiss Paul Stanley picture disc, I have the gene simmons, peter criss,and ace freeley.That would give me all four of them.I mostly collect rock and roll picture discs. Thanks for you offer thowe. I have about 20 picture disc all together, the are perty neet, most are unopened.I buy most of them off of ebay.