DQ-10's Finished

Deang

Hi Kelly,

If you are referring to the small caps along the edge of the board, tied into the "spool of thread" -- that's actually the part of the circuit controlling the response to the piezo. There were no markings on those caps -- but they appeared to be mylar. Incidently, those were the only two caps I really splurged on. I replaced those two caps with film and foil, instead of polypropolene. I figured I'd give that piezo all the help it could use:)

Someday down the road, way down the road, I'm going to build another set using dynaudio drivers. Steve from Layne Audio has quite the design for bringing these into the 21st Century. Fairly pricey, as you can imagine with his driver selection.

BTW, using the DQ-10 to play Classical music is a complete waste of a good speaker. Last night, with the SVS sub kicked in, I rattled every joist and rafter, and shook every window in the house with Peter Frampton, The Moody Blues, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, and Fuel.

I'm going upstairs later to listen to some very old Judas Priest on the horns -- and give my ears a well deserved rest.2.gif